(1/3) Expensive SF

•  
  • 410
  • 13
  • 4
I’d heard that SF is among the world’s most expensive cities long before I got there. In my experience, this city is by no means inexpensive.

When searching for SF hotels on booking.com before my visit, I found the average price of urban-core hotels was around $200. I focused on the two-star hotels, knowing that luxury would have its added price. Even that was costly in my eyes, because I could book luxurious hotels for this price in many other countries. I proceeded to look at the reviews and learned that the parking fee was $70 per night. As a budget traveler, I decided not to rent a car on the first day in SF, so I could save the parking fee for other things.

Fortunately, at the last minute when I was about to hit the “book” button, I found a decent room for a reasonable price on Airbnb, only $150, and placed the order immediately. This lodging turned out to be an amazing experience. The house was a gem in the city! The landlady said there was no charge for parking, so I decided to pick up my rental car on my first afternoon in SF.

The first day, my friend and I visited a few places and had a blast. We'd picked up our car key at Alamo downtown right before it closed at 7 pm, but we didn't go straight back to the Airbnb; we lingered downtown, wanting to see the urban nightlife. We wouldn’t stay in this city long, only two days, so we tried to make use of every minute to experience the vibe there.

[Revised]
在去旧金山前,我就早有耳闻这座城市是世界上消费水平最贵的城市之一。以我的经历来看,这座城市,还真不便宜。

在booking上订旧金山酒店时,我发现市中心的酒店平均价格在200美元左右,我查的酒店还主要是一般的那种,如果高级一点的酒店那就更贵了。在我眼里,这价格当然是很高了,因为以同样的价格,在其他一些国家可以住五星级酒店了。然后我又去看了下酒店的评论,发现停车费是每晚70美元。作为一名穷游背包客,我打算在旧金山的第一天不租车,所以可以把这笔钱省下来干其他的事情。

幸运的是,正当我打算下酒店订单时候,发现在Airbnb上有一间民宿,价格很合理,只要150美元,于是赶紧订了下来。事实证明,这次民宿是一次很愉快的经历,住的房子绝对是物超所值。房东说,停车不要钱,于是我决定第一天下午就去取车。

在旧金山的第一天,我和朋友玩了一些地方,很开心。虽然我们赶在Alamo晚上7点关门之前取了车钥匙,但我们对这座城市仍意犹未尽,打算继续停留,体验下旧金山的夜生活。因为只会在这座城市待两天,所以我们抓紧每一秒好好体验下当地的生活。