The Amazing Birthday Gift

•  
  • 706
  • 6
  • 3
I travelled to the US a week ago. It was definitely an amazing, unforgettable experience. I didn’t have much time, so I just stayed in the US for around a week, but that’s enough for me to know some about American culture.

I visited Lincoln and Omaha in Nebraska. That is an extremely beautiful state. I was impressed with its extensive corn and soy farms. It looked like cities were built in the woods. After visiting Lincoln, where my cousin freshly finished his doctoral studies, I boarded an UA (United Airlines) plane to LA. I transferred at Denver airport.

It was absolutely a wonderful showcase for me of the western vast land of the United States! First, I saw endless farms on the central plains. When I was flying above Denver, I witnessed snow peaks of Rocky Mountains. Then, I saw desert in Arizona. Most importantly, I saw Grand Canyon! I had planned to visit this national park, but sadly I didn’t have enough time, so I put this place on my next time itinerary. I hadn’t known I would be able to see Grand Canyon on the flight, and I was fortunately arranged to sit at window and there were no wings to block my view. I observed Grand Canyon a few minutes. It was so beautiful, and I was so lucky to be able to preview it. And, that day was my birthday. I was so excited and that could be my birthday gift.

I observed this country from ten thousands meters above. I tried to wink less, in order to see more, because I didn’t want to miss out on any single moment. It is a beautiful country!
我一个星期前去了美国旅游,十分难忘。我没有很多时间,所以我只在美国待了近一个星期,但也足够我去了解一些美国文化。

我去了内布拉斯加州的林肯和奥马哈。那是一个十分美丽的州。大片的玉米地和大豆地给我留下了深刻的印象,城市也感觉是建在树林里。我的表哥在林肯刚刚念完博士,我结束在林肯的旅程后,就乘坐美联航的航班前往洛杉矶,中途在丹佛转机。

这真是一个十分难得机会,我看到了美国西部壮丽的景色。首先,我看到了中央大平原的无尽农场。在丹佛上空时,我看到落基山的雪峰。随后看到了亚利桑那的沙漠。我还看到了科罗拉多大峡谷!我原计划要去大峡谷的,但是没有时间,只好下次去。我不知道我可以在飞机上可以看到大峡谷,而且我被安排坐在窗户边,也没有机翼挡住我的视线。我端详了大峡谷好几分钟,太美了,我也太幸运了,有机会提前看看这个地方。那天也是我的生日,我十分激动,也猜想也许美国把它当做生日礼物给我。哈哈,也许美国欢迎我。

我在万米高空中看着这个国家,尽量少眨眼,想多看看这个国家,我不想错过任何一刻,来看这个国家美景。美国真不愧是一个美丽的国家!