Li Na – A “Rebellious” Athlete in China

•  
  • 706
  • 5
  • 1
This Saturday, Serena Williams won the Australian Open final claiming her 19th grand slam title. Last year this time, the winner is Li Na from China, who is my favorite Chinese athlete.

Li Na has become a “rebellious” personality in China due to her many legendary stories. Her father was her first coach, but sadly he passed away when Li was only 14 years old. From then on, she was lost in her life’s direction and confronted many setbacks and ended up being a rather unconfident, “rebellious” girl.

Li was once on the national team, where several tennis players share a coach. She was in discord with Chinese tennis authorities because she thought they too much emphasized players’ performances but gave little care for players’ personal conditions. Before a national tournament, she was injured and was even asked to take medicines that would boost her performance in a short term but might do harm to her health in the long run.

She was shocked and decided to quit the national team. In 2002, she went to college and did journalism, which is why her English is pretty good and in the following years her winning speeches always humored the spectators.
本周六,小威赢得了澳网女单冠军,获得了她本人第十九个大满贯冠军。去年这个时候,冠军是中国的李娜,她也是我最喜欢的中国运动员。

李娜在中国已经成为了一个“反叛”式的人物。她的父亲是她的第一个教练,但遗憾的是在她14岁年逝世了。随后,李娜失去了人生方向,遇到了不少的挫折,成为了一个不自信的,反叛的女孩。她曾经是国家队的一员,一个教练会教好几个队员。她也和中国的网球官方当局不和,认为他们只会强调队员们的表现,而不关心队员们的自身情况。在一场全国竞标赛前,她的脚受伤了,但是官员们让她服药比赛,这种药在短时间内能让她提高比赛成绩,但从长期来看,也许会对她的健康造成不良影响。她很不满,于是决定退出国家队。2012年她去了华中科技大学读新闻专业,所以她的英语很好,经常能在获胜演讲中以幽默逗乐观众。