The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

•  
  • 531
  • 7
  • 2
Today, I went to the movie theater and watched “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.” The room was packed with audience because the “The Lord of the Rings” movies are also very popular in China.

However, not everyone was familiar with what these movies were about. Some just went along for the ride and stolled into the room only to kill time. I heard some people sitting next to me complain about too many slapsticks and boring fighting scenes in this film.

Apparently, the reason they felt the movie was in lack of plots was they hadn’t referred to first two movies of this trilogy. I had seen some comments about this movie – they suggested to brush up on the first two movies if one wanted to grasp the synopsis, so I watched them on Youku (Chinese version of Youtube) last night.

In fairness, I think the movie was good since this is, after all, one movie of the trilogy so it cannot be as tightly written as those LOTR movies. And, I went in with much tempered expectations because I had browsed some film criticism about this movie. Although some people think parts of the movie are perhaps “ridiculous” or “unreasonable,” for me, the special-effects are already worth the ticket price; moreover, it is so memorable because it is the end of the LOTR series on the screen.

今天我去电影院看了《霍比特人之五军之战》。指环王系列电影在中国也很受欢迎,所以影院里座无虚席。

但是,并不是每个人都熟悉这些电影的内容,有些人只是赶个时髦,进电影院打发时光。我听到我旁边几个观众抱怨这部电影很无聊,尽是些无意义的打斗场面。

他们觉得这部电影缺乏剧情的原因很可能是因为他们没有看前面两部。我之前看了这部电影的一些评论,这些评论建议,如果想要了解大致剧情,最好去看前面两部,所以我昨天晚上在优酷上面看了前两部。

客观得来讲,我觉得这部电影还不错,毕竟这只是三部曲中的一部,所以自然没法和指环王系列电影那般紧凑。同时,我之前看了一些影评,所以我也没有抱太高的期望值。尽管有些人说这部电影有些地方无力吐槽,但我觉得光特效就已经值回这个票价了。另外,这部电影也确实值得回忆,因为它是《指环王》系列的最后一部电影了。