"Fine, thank you, and you?"

•  
  • 1166
  • 17
  • 7
Let's start with a joke. One day, a Chinese student visited the doctor who asked her how she was. She replied with no pause, "Fine, thank you, and you?"
Seriously, every student in China learned the standard "How are you?" greeting in their first English class. Therefore we are so familiar with the "standard" answer to this question. Don’t kick yourself too hard if you have been using “Fine, thank you, and you?” You’re not wrong and you’re not alone. This is perfectly right according to English grammar rules and your English teacher in the past. However, it’s not the best.
In fact, there are many ways to answer this question. I know Chinese culture makes we don't really want to answer this question from our heart especially talking with a stranger. But we could answer a little bit better. If it is 6:00 in the morning and you really don't feel that excited to be awake. You're going to school or going to work. You can tell him "Just so so, not really that great." If you are going to happy world and you are very excited, then you should say "I'm doing great!!!" And you should show lots of feeling.
It is in the real world and you should get head out of textbooks. Cheers!
以一则笑话开始。有一天,一个中国学生去医院看医生,医生问她:”你感觉怎么样?“她毫不犹豫的说到:”很好,谢谢,你呢?“
真的,几乎每一个在中国的学生都会在第一堂英语课上学到这个标准的"How are you?"回答方式。以至于我们对这个问题的“标准答案”是如此的熟悉。不要太在意如果你曾经使用过 “Fine, thank you, and you?”的回答方式。你没有错,你也不是孤独的。根据英语语法规则和你过去的老师的标准,这完全是正确的。但是,这不是最好的回答方式。
实际上,我们还有很多种其他方式来回答这个问题。我们知道中国的文化使得我们在与陌生人交流的时候不愿意从内心深处去回答这个问题。但是,我们可以以更好的方式来回答。如果是在早上的6:00钟,你觉得非常的瞌睡,你还要去上学或者去上班,那么你可以告诉他”一般般啦,不是太好“。如果你要去游乐场玩而且非常的兴奋,那么你应该说”我感觉非常的棒!!!“并且你还要表现出你的感觉。
这是现实生活,你应该学会学以致用。撒花!