THE EXPERIMENT AND THE RESULTS

•  
  • 243
  • 1
  • 1
THE EXPERIMENT AND THE RESULTS

Finally we have the experiment and the results. They analyzed both the effect of playing or watching video-games to a homogeneous sample of university students of English as a second language. they do it twice in order to compare he results of a long and of a short period. The results show us that watchers have increased their linguistic skills remarkable more than the players. Moreover the results of a questionnaire indicates that the focus of the players was substantially pointed to accomplishing the game`s level rather than being on the information exchange tasks. Those seemed to be conducted careless or even randomly.
As conclusion of this review we have made an interesting discovery that will lead us in our experiment, I mean, the effect of the extraneous cognitive load.
As matter of fact it is extremely important to evaluate the quality and the quantity of the input presenting in the videogames to preserve their utility. It is important to establish, preliminarily, the information that a student can absorb or not, and determine the level of complexity for each videogames. Our aim becomes step by step clearer.