Book 7 Task 2.3 – As most people spend a major part of their adult ...

•  
  • 10396
  • 0
  • 2
Book 7 Task 2.3 – As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of individual wellbeing.

What factors contribute to job satisfaction?

How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers?

No one can deny that most people spent the major part of their adult life at workplace and job satisfaction can play an important role at individual wellbeing. Many factors, such as a fair salary, good relationship with colleagues, and career options, can be important elements to job satisfaction. Despite this, I believe that some people end up working ultimately for a living.

Employers get job satisfaction in a number of ways, which includes receiving a good salary, be part of a high-level work-team, and even eventually become a manager. I believe that people should desire the best career possible for themselves and work as hard as possible to achieve this. For instance, my brother has been working for the biggest company in Brazil since he graduated. The company gives him the opportunity to develop his abilities in a high-level as well as pay him a salary above the average. He works in a team where everyone have a deeply knowledge of the subject they work with and they are a strong team. Eventually, he may become a manager at there or in another company. It may not be the situation of everybody.

However, it is difficult to imagine a world in which everyone is truly satisfied with their job. Most people work for a living, and they would probably not choose to spend eight or more hours each day doing their job if they did not need the money. When I lived in London, for example, I worked given away free newspaper in order to pay for my studies and my international experience. If I had money, I would not have worked as much as I did. In fact I would argue that the majority of people dislike or are unhappy their salaries, working hours, workload, or their bosses.

In conclusion, even though it is unlikely that all workers do feel happy in their work, I believe that every person should try their best to find the best job that would fit their expectations.