Florence

•  
  • 398
  • 8
  • 2
Some years ago I had the chance to visit Florence with some friends. We chose this city because it caught on among us thanks to some Italian friends who came up visiting them there. We kicked off some information research and we learnt this city is located in the north of Italy and it’s the capital city of the province of Tuscany.

Florence is the cradle of Renaissance, a historical city that still retains its classical elegance and the charm of its majestic past. Besides, it was the capital of Italy in the 19th century and it also was an important cultural, economic and financial center during the Middles Ages. This is why there is a vital cultural life, with a lot of stunning monuments, museums and religious buildings such as the cupola of Santa Maria del Fiore, the Basilica of Santa Croce, the Accademia Gallery, home to Michelangelo's David, etc. All of these are usually packed with people admiring the views.
Aside from such monuments, Florence contains numerous major squares and vast parks with tranquil areas.
We get surprised because there was a perfect mixture between a great historical background and a cosmopolitan city.

I think it’s a pleasant city in which to live, although there is a high rate of unemployment, but looking at the bright side, this makes vibrant nights life!