Should I Quit?

•  
  • 43
  • 3
  • 1
About two weeks have passed since I started teaching at the current workplace. Today, I found a girl student doing with a workbook in my class that was irrelevant to Engish. It was a social study's workbook. She was the second student who did the same thing. I woke up at three a.m. to prepared for today's class. So far, how many times did I wake up so early in the morning just to prepare for the class? It takes me about 50 minutes to go to the school using the urban expressway. The only reason why I decided to work for this school was that my former colleague, who is now this school's principal, begged me to work there. He had told me that his students were well displinced. But soon after I saw them in class, I found that they weren't. As far as I'm concerned, they don't look like they take studying seriously. Even after the chime telling them the start of the class rings, some of them never stop talking and making a lot of noise. Even during class, I have to discipline some noisy students several times. Honestly, I'm beginning to think that I'll quit teaching them. I don't care how much energy I put into teaching diligent students. I'm a retired teacher and I don't think it's my job to discipline the students who don't take learning seriously. Next week, I'm going to talk to the principal about this problem.