Drag Mistakes

•  
  • 197
  • 10
  • 2
Yesterday, I was watching a former Japanese soccer coach hold a press conference on live Youtube. His name is Vahid Halilhodzic, who was suddenly dismissed by Japan Football Association(JFA) early this month. In fact, Japanese people didn’t know exactly what was going on with the coach, professional players, and JFA. The news was shocking to many Japanese people because FIFA 2018 will be held just two months later. That’s why people was watching the press conference seriously to know the truth.

Eventually, I couldn’t figure out what was the real problem. It seems that the people involved missed communication, but the situation was more complicated than I thought. Anyway, it will turn out to be an undesirable condition for FIFA 2018. At the same time, there’s something else I’ve been concerned. He was always accompanied by a personal interpreter, but another person was next to him there. He was speaking French, so I had no idea what he was talking with feeling. Many people say he messed up the press conference. To be honest, I was not sure if he messed up, or the interpreter was partly responsible for it. In this kind of situation, the role of interpreter is significant. Even if the interpreter goes all out and makes it, people hardly care about it. That’s because they tend to take it for granted that interpreters are competent enough to make it. I know that’s not true. They’re just professional players in the field of language as well as professional athletes who fail from time to time.

Starting from today, I’m supposed to go to a training school for interpreters and translators. I heard that the most important thing to become a good interpreter is not drag mistakes. I’m impudent, so I hope I will manage to do it.

Thank you for reading my entry.