Movie and I : Matrix

•  
  • 219
  • 9
  • 1
I’ve been posting the reviews with the titles of “xxx Review.” in my entries, but I’ll rename it from here on, because I go off the rails very often and I’m afraid that you say why I can call them “reviews.” So, I’m glad if you read them as table talks at an izakaya.

I went to see this movie with my friends at a local theater when I was a junior high school student. I’ll talk this because I hope it’s a prescription, but some of us pretended to be elementary school students, because it gave us a discount. After a friend of mine identified himself, an old clerk glared at us skeptically. I was a chicken, so I said I was older sheepishly, that’s why I had to pay as an adult. It must’ve been a turning point to transform me as a goody-goody.

When I watched the movie for the first time in the tiny and dark theater, my head couldn’t catch up with the story. I remember I felt like witnessing something extraordinary. Because we were too excited after watching it, as you can tell, we enjoyed mimicking that pose which is hard on your back. It’s one of my nostalgic and pleasant memories.

My father used to love it too. He bought all series of DVDs without knowing. When I was a high school student, we went to see the sequels. I know many say they are bummers, but I like them as well. How can I give thumbs-down to the funny Agent Smith”es” who appear like cockroaches, the great base called “Zion” which makes boyish men excited, and the true hero named “Neo”? I also like that Sanskrit music. Once I listen to it, I recall the scenes of the movie and the scenes of my past life behind it vividly. You know, unforgettable memories revive if you touch something related. I believe one of our lives’ values depends on how many we have them.

As time goes by, we see the same thing differently. The other day, I watched the movie again. Then, I was impressed by a scene in the movie. It’s the scene that Agent Smith will try to find out about Zion’s code from Morpheus. I’ll cite his talking. “I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.” To be honest, I don’t know how to reply to him. If by any possibility we create an AI like him in the future, can we talk back to his insistence appropriately?

Thank you for reading my entry.