About Serbs

•  
  • 136
  • 0
  • 0
Sep 2, 2017 07:30 #impbased #mariapetrova
First, Serbia is for me the first country to have such a positive attitude to Russia and anything but America.
Secondly, the phrase "I come from Russia" (yes, it is said so) gives the opposite a warm, friendly smile.

The Serbs are very friendly at all. They smile at each other on the street, laugh loudly, and enjoy a small talk, even if one does not understand one hundred percent. I believe this is all the main visual difference between "them" and "us".

Sometimes I sit outside, deeply buried in my own thoughts, and for a moment completely forget that I am just in Belgrade. And when I look at the street, you might think I'm still somewhere in Russia. Slavic appearance remains Slavic. This is another "First".

And the most beautiful fashion trends that are so similar to the home: sandals with socks, slippers with glittering stones, short skirts of any poisonous colors and wide T-shirts with the broad inscription "РОССИЯ" (I mean, of course, "СРБИЈА") it here in masses. This is another "second".

In general, it is only because of its body size and possibly a few other parameters.
So you understand: my 1.73 meters, which at home as "above-average" apply, do not even go here as "average". The dress sizes are the appropriate: Yesterday I bought a shorts of size S. In Russia I would not put in at any price, even if I would bathe ин petrolatum before.

About communication.

Serbian is intuitively understandable for Russian speakers and does not create any special complications. I was recently confused by "Integralni keks", which in Russian means "cookies from natural ingredients", otherwise it is possible to live happily and carefree. But English is now seldom used and is my opinion not quite welcome. During the first three hours I honestly tried to use English. Then I gave up and started to speak Russian. So everything was much easier.

The secret of success is to greet the conversation partner in Serbian and to say that you are very sorry, but you can get very little Serbian, but very good Russian. After that, he will most likely knock you on the shoulder, face you with the expression "Oh my God, who the hell cares?!" look, smile and say (this time aloud) something like "Do not worry, we'll sort of agree." I personally have been running all kinds of cultural Serbian-Russian talks in bakeries and shops for a week.
Very many of the locals have learned Russian in school and are still able to communicate in it. In general, Serbian and Russian are very similar, and sometimes I do not understand whether I speak to Serbian or have already switched to Russian but have not mastered it perfectly.

In general, everyone is totally open-minded: if someone can not understand one but wants to help, he will use all sorts of tools to get it right, all his English vocabulary, even if it contains only 10 words, Russian skills the gestures and a "public joker" (someone from the crowd, who can translate) is not refreshed.
Today I walked around the bus stop with a friend of mine and tried to figure out how to send him back to Sarajevo. An unknown lady told us in broken English where we should go, where we can get more information, when and where the buses to Sarajevo and Ljubljana leave. She wished us good luck, told her that her mother came from Bosnia and that it was very beautiful there and went on. Either way, but self-awareness in a foreign country is determined by such trifles. It was a trifle, but that was also very nice of her at the same time.

Yesterday I was asked what I would like most about Serbia. "The people," was my answer. They are so adorable and understandable. A land with soul (c).