What I like about Slovenia is, that everything here is amazingly si...

•  
  • 178
  • 0
  • 1
Jul 26, 2017 02:16 #impbased #mariapetrova
What I like about Slovenia is, that everything here is amazingly simple and democratic.

At lunch time, I stood together in a queue for shawarma with a group of men in expensive suits from the KPMG office, a couple of teenagers with skates, a doctor from the local clinic and a homeless who lives near the station.

In the bars and clubs, nobody is expected from you to wear a parrot-like make-up and a dress in the style of "Moulin Rouge". Sneakers and torn jeans are expressly allowed.

The traffic rules are equal for both those who drives a expensive BMW as well as for those who rides a rented bike.

Friday night with friends on a bench in the park is considered quite normal for all social groups and it is completely okay to catch a small talk with someone who is sitting on the bench next to you. Such a thing is not surprising and is only felt by very few people as annoying.

To feel good is easy here. One is rarely regarded as a stranger. If you do not come from here, it means that with you will being told in English. That's all. This remains the only thing that makes you different from the rest.

I returned to Ljubljana after a two-week break. And I like it here (c).