A few websites for travellers

•  
  • 169
  • 0
  • 0
Sep 7, 2017 00:38 #impbased #mariapetrova
I would like to say at the beginning that this list is compiled for the travelers with a small budget. Here you will find no villas, four star hotels or all-inclusive vacation options.

Accommodation:

1. Hostelbookers.com is, in my opinion, the most user-friendly of all booking platforms. If you are looking for a hostel, it is best to look around there. Firstly, the feedback service works very well there, the ratings can only be given by those who actually booked a room through the system (so they correspond to the reality); secondly, there is no need to make the stay ahead in the online booking you pay only one deposit, which is 12% of the cost for the first 24 hours.

2. Couchsurfing.org is based on a simple principle: one can live absolutely free with another person or invite someone to himself.
Attention: Couchsurfing is not a means of looking for accommodation, but a whole philosophy of hospitality. You will benefit from this experience only by sharing its principles.

3. Airbnb.com offers rental options from local hosts, ranging from a sleeping place to a large house. The service is not bad, but less flexible with regard to conditions and for spontaneous travel rather badly suitable.

Transport:

1. Skyscanner.ru is my favorite service for flight ticket search. It shows the prices for different dates, does not use your cookies and allows you to create notifications of price changes.

2. Rome2rio.com is a divine portal. You enter the departure and arrival place and he calculates everything for you. Including the price of the bus ticket to the airport or train station.
You can compare the prices for trains, buses, airplanes, ferries, whatever. And you can specify the currency in which the prices should be displayed.

3. Blablacar.com is a website where you can find a ride and share the fuel price with the driver. The portal has many local analogues in different countries, but it is usually necessary to have either the country language or a local SIM card.

4. Hitchwiki.org is a good site for hitchhikers. You can keep track of where it is best to catch a car at the entrance or exit to the city, whether it is just difficult or easy, and what specifics you had to consider.

As far as railways and buses are concerned, the easiest way is to google for something like "Slovenian railways" or "Bus Vienna - Budapest".

On site:

1. https://ru.foursquare.com shows where you can eat nearby, the prices and reviews, whether it is open and whether there is Wi-Fi, where the supermarkets are located or what the specials when buying of tickets to the museum. Read, there are very many reviews.

2. http://www.lonelyplanet.com/ is not in vain as the best publisher of tour guides. On the website you will find many useful information about countries and cities, as well as the possibility for very little money to buy a travel guide in pdf or any other format.

In general, the locals prefer to ask about everything. Especially about routes and places that are worth a visit. They know it best (c).