Getting Up Early

•  
  • 73
  • 4
  • 2
Today, for the first time since 2016, I got up at 6:00. It was still dark and it felt as if it was night time. It's a good feeling to be up so early and start working or studying. That will give me a more productive day.

When I had my TA (teaching assistant) job, I was always getting up early. And it was so early that after traveling for 2 hours from my apartment to the school, I was still the first one arrive and I had to wait for the key keeper to open the door. Later, they decided to have me in charge of the key.

However, my body was often exhausted and I had bad headaches all the time. The time I thought I could use for learning was lost in the headaches. I couldn't focus on anything. Even when I went out with friends, I couldn't fully enjoy it. It was painful.

Then I quit the job. Since then, I began sleeping two times a day as if I was trying to make up the sleep I've lost. I was so good at sleeping that as soon as I sat on bed, I would start dreaming. I thought, perhaps I needed it.

After a year of quitting the job, my headaches remained and I tried many ways to get rid of it. I tried coffee, tea, sleep even more. None of them had worked. Then I tried doing more exercise, even meditate. It didn't work at first. I started seeing the effect after a year of doing exercise along with other improvements on my overall lifestyle such as being more conscious with what I ate.

Now I still have headaches every once in a while. But it is nowhere near what I had before. I can concentrate much better compared to before.

I think the only thing I don't like about my current lifestyle is that I get up so late and I start working so late. I don't get much done by the end of the day. This frustrates me. So, I will change the bad habit and start working earlier.