Get Rid of Bad English

•  
  • 141
  • 1
  • 1
Sep 17, 2018 15:02 English
Yesterday I read an interesting book, the Chinese title was ''戒掉爛英文'', in English, it means to get rid of bad English.

The author gave some common mistakes, which Taiwanese people usually made during the English coversation and speak as a Chinglish.

In order to avoid Chinglish, he offered some interesting things.

For instance, the phrase ''drama queen'' synonymous with an woman who is overreact, doesn't mean a woman who is good at play a drama.

Some other instances such as if we forgot something, normally we would say ''if I don't rembember wrong...'', but the correct method of expreesion is ''if my memory serves me correctly/right....''.

I think the book is quite practical and helpful to me, which offered very much new knowledge for me to learn.
(我昨天讀了一本書,中文標題是''介掉爛英文'',在英文裡,這代表戒掉爛英文)

(作者列舉了一些常見錯誤是臺灣人通常在英文會話中會犯的錯誤,如同像說中式英文一樣)

(為了避免中式英文,他提供了一些有趣的東西)

(舉例來說,這個詞語''drama queen''等同於一個反應過度的女人,而不是一個擅長於表演戲劇的女人)

(一些其他的例子比如若我們忘記某事,我們通常會說''if I don't rembember wrong...'',但正確的表達方式是'''if my memory serves me correctly/right....''.)

(我覺得這本書非常實用與幫助我,提供了非常多的新知識讓我學習)