The Story of Faith in The Bible - Rahab

•  
  • 141
  • 3
  • 2
Feb 19, 2019 07:33 English
There are some meaningful stories in the bible, some inspired us keep in faith to God, some reminded us do not sin against His laws.

I watched a Christian TV program last weekend, which discussed a prostitute, Rahab's story, the subject of that program was:The faith is more important than character.

According to the bible, she used to live in Jericho, people who lived in that city all afraid of Israeli.

One day, there were two scouts ask her for staying at her house temporarily, she replied:And as soon as we had heard it, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more spirit in any man, because of you: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and on earth beneath.

Here is the point about her faith to Israeli's God:For the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and on earth beneath.

Most of the time, what we know about God is merely in heaven above, but we didn't realize that He is one the erath beneath as well.

Meanwhile, the speaker showed two paper money for audiences and asked them which one is more valuable? The one is smooth, another is wrinkled. In fact, both of them are the same in value.

Who gave them values? he said Jesus Christ. Rahab similar to that wrinkled paper money. Because of her faith in God, no matter what she did in the past, God saved her families in the end.

There are many verses mentioned Rahab's name in the bible, all of them were added ''prostitute'' before her name, it seems that the author emphasized that she was a prostitute, simply speaking, perhaps the author wanted to make readers know that she used to do such a sordid behaviour before.

Other than Jesus's family tree in Matthew 1:5 English Recovery Version, it said:And Salmon begot Boaz of Rahab, and Boaz begot Obed of Ruth, and Obed begot Jesse. In this verse, the word ''prostitute'' didn't appear before her name.

I eventually understood that she was Jesus's great grandmother, why God selected her as one of Jesus's ancestor? she did many wrong things!

However, I also realized that God's insight is complelely different from mortals.

Because we believe in His Holy name first, our character will be changed completely, praise His holy name.

Annotation:

Who was Rahab?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahab

Relevant verses in the Bible:

https://online.recoveryversion.bible/BibleChapters.asp?fcid=1&lcid=1
(在聖經中有非常多有意義的故事,有些是激勵我們保持對 神的信心,有些則提醒我們不要違反 祂的律法)

(我上週末看了一部基督教的電市節目,探討一個妓女,喇合的故事,那個節目的主題是:信心重於品格)

(根據聖經,她曾住在耶利哥城,住在那兒的人都懼怕以色列人)

(有一天,有兩個斥候求她讓他們暫時待在她的房子裡,她答道:我們一聽見這些事,心就消化了。因你們的緣故,並無一人有膽氣,耶和華你們的神本是上天下地的神。)

(重點在她對以色列的 神的信心: 耶和華你們的神本是上天下地的神)

(多數時候,我們所知道的 神只是在天上的 神,但我們不明白 祂也是在地上的 神)

(同時,講者拿出了兩張鈔票給聽眾看並問他們哪個比較有價值?其中一張是平整的,另一骯則是有皺折的,事實上,兩張鈔票都具有同等價值)

(誰給了它們價值呢?他說道是 耶穌基督,喇合就類似那張有皺折的紙鈔,因為由於她對 神的信心,不管她過去做了什麼, 神最後還是救了她的家族)

(在聖經裡有很多經節提到喇合的名字,都會在她的名字之前加上''妓女'',作者似乎要強調她曾是一個妓女,簡單的說就是或許作者想讓讀者知道她先前曾經做過如此污穢的行為)

(除了在馬太福音第一章第五節 耶穌的家譜中說道:撒門與喇合生波阿斯,波阿斯與路得生俄備得,俄備得生耶西。在這處經節裡,''妓女''這個字沒有出現在她的名字前面)

(我終於瞭解到她是 耶穌的曾祖母,為什麼 神揀選她成為 耶穌的其中一位祖先?她做過很多錯事!)

(不過,我也領悟到 神的眼光完不同於凡人)

(因為我們先信入 祂,我們的品格就會被完全的改變)

Annotation:
(註釋:)

Who was Rahab?
(誰是喇合?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahab

Relevant verses in the Bible:
(聖經中的相關經節:)