Complete! Some Thoughts About Today's Oral Exam

•  
  • 159
  • 1
  • 1
May 19, 2018 13:56 English
After completed the English-speaking Tour Guide Exam, I'm quite release and exthusted.

Before randomly to selected the exam's draw from a bag, I was anxious that I would pick a difficult question, luckly, it was quite easy to answer!

The question I picked were:Please introduce Taiwanese speciality, please introduce The 921 Earthquake Museum of Taiwan to foreigners.

About introduced speciality in Taiwan was quite easy to decribe, I pointed out two cakes, which were pineapple cake and sun cake and extended my speech as much as I can, in order to let my examiners never had chance to insert a sudden extra question to stop my organizational response.

There were two examiners sit in front of me, the one was a man and another was a woman, both of them were the middle ages people, they seem looked nice and greatly reduced my anxiety.

When I replied the seconed question, originally I didn't know how to answer it properly, I therefore transfer to another response right away, which was:Honestly I haven't been to this museum before, however here is something I can do is when foreign vistors come to Taiwan, I would introduce them how to make a better protection and prevention in case of earthquake occars during the journey.

I never stop my speech other than the female examiner suddenly asked me:When the 921 earthquake occared, where were you?

I simply replied:when it happend, it was at midnight and I was sleeping, I was lucky and didn't get any hurt.

She just said in a smile way:Well, you are lucky person.

Other than one of my section of speech probably had grammatically error, the male examiner's face released an odd facial expression, all of my process in replied questions might smooth.
(完成英語導遊口試之後,我非常釋放和疲憊)

(在抽取一個任意從袋子裡挑選的籤之前,我很憂慮我會抽到困難的題目,幸運的是我抽到的題目很容易回答!)

(我挑到的題目是:請介紹台灣名產,請介紹921地震紀念園區給外國人)

(關於介紹臺灣的特產是非常容易描述的,我指出了兩個餅,就是鳳梨酥跟太陽餅然後盡量延伸我的講論,為了讓我的主考官們沒有機會突然插入額外的問題來停下我有組織過的回答)

(有兩位主考官坐在我前方,一個是男的然後另一個是女的,他們兩個都是中年人,他們看起來似乎都很好所以大大地減低了我的憂鬱)

(當我回答第二個問題時,原本我不知道要如何妥當的回答,我因此馬上轉移到其他話題,就是:老實說我之前沒來過這個園區,但有些事當外國人來臺灣的時候我可以做的事,就是我會介紹給他們當地震在他們來台灣的旅程中發生的時候要如何做好保護跟預防措施)

(我不曾停下我的講說,除了女性主考官突然問了我一個問題:當921地震發生的時候,你在哪裡?)

(我簡要的回說:當地震發生時,那是在午夜然後我當時正在睡覺,我非常幸運並且沒有受到任何傷害)

(她只是用微笑的口吻說:嗯,你是個非常幸運的人)

(除了我其中一段講解或序有文法上的錯誤,男性主考官顯出奇怪的面部表情之外,我的所有回答的過程可能都算平順)