Dragon Boat Festival Is Imminent

•  
  • 96
  • 2
  • 2
May 27, 2019 07:50 English
One of the most popular Chinese traditional holidays is coming on next month:Dragon Boat Festival.

During the festival, people usually eat rice dumplings, the shape is triangle and wrapped up by green leaves, the ingredients of the rice dumpling include meats, vegetable crops, eggs and glutinous rice.

The origin of rice dumplings can be traced back to the ancient China. There was a loyal courtier, Qu Yuan(c. 340–278 BC) held a stone and jumped into the Miluo River because the King Qingxiang of Chu didn't agree with his suggestion about the policy of leading the realm, he therefore suicided to finish his life.

Supposedly, in order to avoid fish to eat him, people threw lot of rice balls into the Miluo River to let fish ate them and neglected Qu Yuan. This is the legend story of the origin of rice dumplings.

Nowadays, rice dumplings have been developed various kind of flavors. If you were a vegetarian, there are some kind of flavor of rice dumplings such as sweet rice dumplings(made by red bean, green bean or original flavor and take some sweet sauces) are also offered for many stores in Taiwan. people can also drink a bowl of meat ball soup after ate rice dumplings, also, it is good for sprinkle some seasonings such as sweet-chili sauce, chili sauce or soy sauce on the surface of the rice dumplings, it ups to your personal preference.

Now, it;s time to dig them in!
(其中一個最受歡迎的中華傳統節日即將在下個月到來:端午節)

(在這個節日,人們通常會吃粽子,它的形狀是三角形並且由綠色的葉子所包覆,粽子的成份包含了肉,蔬菜,蛋以及糯米)

(粽子的起源可以追溯到古代中國,有一位忠臣屈原(公元前240-278年)抱著一顆石頭跳進了汨羅江是因為楚傾襄王不同意他的領導國土的的建議,他因此自殺來結束他的生命)

(據說,為了避免魚去吃他,人們投入了很多的飯糰進入了汨羅江去讓魚吃它們而忽略屈原,就是粽子的起源的傳說故事)

(時下今日,粽子已被發展成很多各式各樣的口味,如果你是素食者,有一些粽子的口味比如甜粽(由紅鬥,綠豆或原味的粽子並沾一些甜醬)也在臺灣的許多店面有販賣,吃完粽子之後人們可以喝一碗貢丸湯,同時,在粽子的表面上淋上一些醬料諸如甜辣醬,辣椒醬或醬油,端看你的個人喜好)

Now, it;s time to dig them in!
(現在,是時候大快朵頤一番了!)