A Newly Elected Mayor

•  
  • 91
  • 0
  • 1
Jan 7, 2019 12:30 English
Declaration:English practice only, no any other purposes.

Since the regional election had finished in Taiwan last year, there are many newly elected mayors and county executives has been starting their term of office.

Therein, many people especially pay a lot of attentions on a new mayor in Kaohsiung City(in southern Taiwan), which called Han Kuo-yu.

He has been working for political circles dozen of years, he used to be a legislator , county councilor and the general manager of a governmental agriculture goods company in Taipei City before.

At the biginning of his political career, he wasn't well-known, until he took over a general manager in a governmental agriculture goods company in Taipei City, people started to know who he was.

Once he attended an interpellation at the Taipei City Council with Taiepi City mayor Ko Wen-je to deal with many city councilors' criticism, his response and reaction was pretty combative and fiery with quick-witted, since the event, Taiwanese press gave him a nickname:The king of argument.

After he electing the Kaohsiung City mayor, as his education background was English Department of the Soochow University, one of his goals was let Kaohsiung City become a bilingual city, especially focus on local primary and secondary schools.

Basically, the policy is good in my opinion, even though the policy is not carry out in other cities in Taiwan, only limited in Kaohsiung, anyway, encourging people study English is requisite.

His other goals are allow mainlanders invest local real estate, attract people sightseeing Kaohsiung, especially focus on lovebirds, the reason is using love to boost local tourism, and using local tourism to raise local economy as well.

Althouth his viewpoints are controversial, however, his dreams are wonderful, the majotity people are still observing and expecting how can he do for Kaohsiung.

Since many politicians just submit some slogans without carring them out, hopefully he will fulfill what he promised.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Kuo-yu
(聲明:只練習英語,沒有其他目的)

(自去年的臺灣區域性選舉中,有許多新科市長與縣長開始了他們的任期)

(在其中,許多人特別的關注一位新任高雄市長韓國瑜)

(他已在政界幾十年,他曾是立法委員,縣議員以及臺北市的一家政府所屬的農產品公司總經理)

(在他的政治生涯起初,他並不知名,直到他繼任臺北市一家政府的農產品公司總經理,人們開始知道他是誰)

(他曾與臺北市長柯文哲出席在臺北市議會的一場質詢並應付許多市意員的批評,他的回應與反應在機敏的個性之下非常好戰與激烈,從這起事件後,臺灣新聞界給了他一個綽號:吵架王)

(他當選高雄市長之後,他的學歷是東吳大學英文系,他的其中一項目標是讓高雄市成為一個雙語城市,特別聚焦於當地小學與中學)

(基本上我覺得這個政策是好的,即使這個政策臺灣其他的城市不會實行,只侷限於高雄,總之,鼓勵人們學習英語是必不可少的)

(他的其他目標是讓陸資投資當地房產,吸引人來高雄觀光,特別聚焦情侶,理由是藉愛情提升當地觀光業,並藉當地觀光業提升當地經濟)

(雖然他的觀點是有爭議的,不過,他的理想是美好的,多數人仍在觀察並期待他能為高雄做些什麼)

(許多政客只是提出口號而沒有實現,但願他會完成他的承諾)