George Leslie MacKay

•  
  • 97
  • 1
  • 2
Feb 14, 2019 11:09 English
George Leslie MacKay(1844-1901) was a presbyterian pastor who was born in Canada.

He devoted his lifetime to gospel ministry in Taiwan.

When he was young, God called him move to Taiwan for local gospel ministry.

If my memory serves me correctly, he was a dentist as well.

He propagandized gospel by dealing with people's contagious disease.

Nowadays, in Tamsui District, New Taipei City, Taiwan, there is a university called ''Aletheia University'', in order to commemorate his contribution for Taiwan.

Some people gave him an estimation: ''Rather burn out, than rust out'' symbolize that he had never stopped what God assigned him to do and he was always care other people's advantage but ignored himselfs profit.

This is greatly touching me, because there are quite a few people can achieve this virtue, means that sacrifice himdelf but give all of the benefits to people.

His motto:''All for Christ'' embodied the spirit of sacrifice and devotion.

As Matthew 24:14 English Revised Version in the Bible said:And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Leslie_Mackay
(喬治·萊斯里·馬偕(1844-1901)是生於加拿大的長老教會牧師)

(他奉獻了他的一生給臺灣的福音事工)

(當他年輕時, 神呼召他到臺灣當地盡福音職事)

(如果我的記憶沒錯的話,他也是個牙醫)

(他藉著幫助人們處理傳染病來傳揚福音)

(時下今日,台淡水區,新北市,臺灣,有一間大學叫''真理大學'',是為了記念他為臺灣的貢獻)

(一歇人給了他評價:''寧願燒盡,不願朽壞''象徵他不曾停止 神指派他所要做的事並且他總是顧及別人的益處但忽略自己的利益)

(這大大的感動了我,因為只有非常少的人能完成這樣的一個美德,意指犧牲他自己但把所有的益處給予他人)

(他的座右銘:''都是為基督''體現了犧牲與奉獻的精神)

如馬太福音第二十四章14節英文修訂版所說:''這天國的福音要傳遍天下,對萬民作見證,然後末期才來到。''