Shyness

•  
  • 28
  • 1
  • 1
Dec 1, 2019 08:08 English
Yesterday I led a tour group. At the end of that trip, a woman who came from abroad asked me where is the nearest MRT station.

I kindly guide her to the MRT station. She seemed like an American or Canadian, because her English accent was very standard.

It has been a long time that I haven't met people who have standard English accent, since I usually met Singaporean, Filipino or Hong Kong people.

She was talkative, and she said that the reason she went to Taiwan for stopover. That's why she purchased this day tour.

I seldom have spontaneous conversations with foreigners, so I stammered when I tried to talk with her.

Finally, I didn't know what can I say, I made an excuse is that I need to go to the nearest convenience store for buying something.

She probably thought strange about my reaction, and she went to the nearest MRT station.

It proves that my spontaneous conversation skills is still bad, oh my.

Although I really want to have some small talks with her, I don't know what can I say to maintain the conversation.
(昨天我帶領了一個旅遊團。旅行結束後,一個來自國外的女士問我最近的地鐵站在哪裡。)

(我就帶著她到捷運站。她看起來像美國人或加拿大人,因為她的英語口音非常標準。)

(很長一段時間以來,我一直沒有見過具有標準英語口音的人,因為我通常見到的都是新加坡人,菲律賓人或香港人。)

(她很健談,她說她來臺灣的原因是為中途停留。這就是為什麼她購買了這個一日遊。)

(我很少與外國人自然性的交談,所以當我嘗試與她交談時我結結巴巴。)

(最後,我不知道該說些什麼,我就給了一個藉口是我需要去最近的便利店買東西。)

(她可能對我的反應感到奇怪,於是去了最近的地鐵站。)

(這證明我的自然性的會話能力仍然很差,我的天哪。)

(儘管我確實想和她有一些閒聊,但我不知道該說些什麼來維持談話。)