The Disorder of 499 in Taiwan

•  
  • 217
  • 1
  • 2
May 13, 2018 09:34 English
The event has been an interesting phenomenon in Taiwan recently as long as people turn on TV or read an online news.

Many news medias named this event as a ''The disorder of 499'', it is a sarcastic linguistic.

''499'' means a monthly telephone rental fee from Chunghwa Telecom, Far Eas Tone Telecom and Taiwan Mobile Co., Ltd.

Originally the monthly rental fee aimed at the civil servants, which also included soldiers and teachers.

People thought the fee wasn't fair, therefore those telecom companies modified the price.

After they adjusted the price, supposedly from news medias, numerous people queued up for day and night in order to applied this new price from many telecom chain stores.

According to this event, it implied that Taiwanese people like to follow new fashion or rumor. no matter the thing is true or not.

I'm not interested in that, my phone payment plan is a prepaid card because of I seldom utilize phone call and internet monthly rental.

I mainly use public free wi-fi to connect network and use chat app to instead of phone call, therefore the event is not a cup of my tea.
(這起事件只要人們打開電視或看現上新聞就能看到臺灣最近有這樣一個有趣的現象)

(許多新聞媒體取名這個事件為''499之亂'',這是個諷刺用語)

(''499''意指來自中華電信,遠傳電信和臺灣大哥大的手機月租費)

(起初這個月租費是針對公務員,也包含了軍人跟教師)

(人們認為這個費用不公平,因此那些電信公司修正了價位)

(他們調整價格之後,新聞媒體稱說,許多人日以繼夜的為了這個新價格在很多電信連鎖分店排隊只為了要申請到這個方案)

(根據這起事件,意味著臺灣人喜歡跟風或聽信謠言,不管這件事是真或假)

(我對這事件沒興趣,我的手機方案是預付卡,由於我很少利用電話通聯以及網路月租)

(我主要使用大眾公共免費wi-fi網路跟使用聊天app來代替電話通聯,因此這個事件對我來說我並沒有興趣)