Writing Practice:Eva Air Fly Attendants Have Been Calling A Strike In Taiwan Many Days

•  
  • 42
  • 0
  • 1
Jun 24, 2019 02:35 English
In order to take a better welfare from their enterprise, the majority of the Eva Air fly attendants went on a great strike several days ago.

In light of some news reports, this event supposedly affected almost thousand of passengers and cancelled hundreds of domestic and outbound flights in Taiwan.

Many passengers who booked the Eva Air's flights suddenly couldn't embarked on the cabins when they arrived to the check in counter at the airport, most of them were not only angry but went mad.

At the first line of the most ground staff / ground service personnel at the airport received many passengers' complaints. Although they were innocent, most of the passengers transferred their angers towards them and drastically scolded at them.

Therefore, most of the ground staff overworked and already exhausted, they finally couldn't refrain their pressures anymore.

When these groups of strikers sat on the main entrance of the Eva Air and continued to protest, they obstructed the road. Many ground staff therefore transferred their great stresses towards them and started to rage at them. There were two groups of people therefore against with each other.

Fortunately, this is merely a language conflict, however, as the event hasn't finished yet, it's difficult to expect that whether the event will become a physical conflict.

There were some netizens from the internet commented the event, some thought that there is nothing wrong about employee-employer negotiation, they are deserve to negotiate their rights.

Some thought they are selfish and never considered passengers' rights. For me, it's difficult to comment that. If I were one of those passengers who were rushing to work or expecting to go on a vacation, I would have unhappy as well.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2019/06/21/2003717304
(為從他們的公司爭取更好的福利,多數長榮空服員於數天之前發動大罷工)

(根據一些新聞報導,這起事件據稱影響了將近數以千計的乘客以及取消了數百班在臺灣的國內與國外航班)

(多數預訂長榮航班的乘客們抵達機場報到櫃檯且突然無法登機時,他們多數人不只生氣而且還抓狂)

(在機場的第一線的多數地勤們受到了許多乘客的抱怨,隨然他們是無辜的,但多數乘客將他們的怒火轉移到他們身上並激烈地罵他們)

(因此,多數地勤人員超時工作並早已疲勞,他們最後無法再抑制他們的壓力)

(當這群罷工者坐在長榮的大門並持續抗議時,他們擋住了路,許多地勤人員因此轉移他們極大的壓力到他們身上並開始對他們怒吼,有兩群人因此互相對抗)

(幸運的是,這只是一場言語衝突,不過,這起事件還未結束,所以很難預估這起事件是否會演變為肢體衝突)

(有些網民評論了這起事件,有些人覺得勞資協商沒有錯,他們應該爭取他們的權益)

(有些則覺得他們很自私且不曾考慮乘客的權益,對我來說很難評論,如果我是那些正趕著工作或期待渡假的其中一位旅客,我應該也會很不高興)