Part 2 - The Bopiliao Historic Block in Taipei

•  
  • 31
  • 1
  • 2
Dec 5, 2019 23:48 English
About the name of the block ''Bopiliao'', it's kind of interesting. It sounds like to peel something in English.

Since there are a lot of different opinions about the origin of the name, I can merely literally translate its name as ''peel something''.

The block itself includes many red brick old buildings. When people enter the main entrance of the block, along the corridor displays some old-fashioned Chinese toys such as using a tiny round shape hook to take a fallen wine bottle upright.

This kind of outdated children game is probably training the players' balance skills about using their eyes and one of their hands. However, when I played the game, it is definitely not easy as I originally imagined.

Meanwhile, along the pathway of the corridor inside of the block, it has many archway-shaped structures along the ceiling. It seem that people who visit the block go back to the 18th century.

Such a wonderful pathway caught my eyes very much. However, when getting into the main entrance, we can also notice that at the right of the entrance, there is a big and thick glass covers an wall. The wall is crack and incomplete.

We can see the inner structure of the red brick wall is still strong. Such a masterpiece still shows its spectacular technology to the visitors.
(關於“ Bopiliao”這個名稱,很有趣。在英語而言聽起來像是剝了一些東西。)

(由於這個名稱的起源有很多不同的說法,因此我只能將其名稱從字面上翻譯為“剝去某物”。)

(街區本身包括許多紅磚舊建築。當人們進入街區的正門時,在走廊上會看到一些老式的中國玩具,例如用一個很小的圓形掛鉤將一個倒下的酒瓶直立起來。)

(這種過時的兒童遊戲可能是訓練玩家平衡使用眼睛和一隻手的技巧。但是,當我玩遊戲時,這絕對不像我最初想像的那樣容易。)

(同時,沿著街區內部走廊的路徑,沿著天花板有許多拱形的結構。參觀街區的人們似乎像是回到了18世紀。)

(如此美妙的路非常吸引我的眼睛。但是,進入正門時,我們還可以注意到,在入口的右側,有一堵大而厚的玻璃蓋住了牆壁。牆壁開裂且不完整。)

(我們可以看到紅磚牆的內部結構仍然很堅固。這樣的傑作仍然向參觀者展示了其驚人的技術。)