I took the ACT prepare test today.

•  
  • 215
  • 0
  • 1
I took the ACT prepare test today. The questions were not very hard, but I didn't finish any of the sections because of the limited time.
It's good that one can take this kind of test for several times, and use the best score. Exams like SAT, ACT, GMAT, and GRE are all like this. With this in mind, at least you can have more chances to get your best performance.
However, it's different in China. The College entrance examination is the most important, and the only chance for many students to change their lives. For example, poor students from the rural areas may only change their fate by going to a good college, and then find a decent job. Otherwise, they have to be a farmer or a low-skill worker. In other words, most of the students don't even have the chance to fail. They study 12 hours each day for three years just to take that test. Except for the kids whose families are very rich. Their parents would send them to the other countries to study, or let their kids take over their companies. Although this system isn't fair, currently it's the most impartial method which is based on our country's situation.
We've been improving it, and I hope it will become better.