Fantasy and Christianity. The Chronicles of Narnia

•  
  • 330
  • 6
  • 2
Clive Staples Lewis, the author of The Chronicles of Narnia, grew up in religion family in Ireland. His mother was a daughter of an Anglican preacher, but Lewis become an atheist at the age of fifteen. He was going in for occultism for a while. Lewis returned to Christianity under the influence of his friend Tolkien. He returned to Anglicanism and, to the chagrin of Tolkien, didn’t become a catholic.

In the Chronicles of Narnia, as you probably know, the four children enter in magic world that is under the rule wicked witch. This world is waiting for truth king and the arrival of the children is sign of his returned. The king is a lion. With his returning in Narnia spring is coming and Narnia prepare for the battle of good and evil, but one of the children has betrayed. He was enticed by the witch and she announces about it. By law he must die. The king buys life for man with king’s life. The king dies for man’s sin. The force of evil foretaste for the win, but the witch doesn’t know the laws well, she has lost something, and in the morning the king led his army in battle.