Obedience to Authority

•  
  • 334
  • 2
  • 2
The Milgram’s experiment is a series of experiments in field of social psyhology. Stanley Milgram from Yale University wrote first of them in his article “Behavioral Study of Obedience” in 1963. Milgram’s parents were Jewish emigrants from East Europe, and many of their relatives suffered from the Holocaust and this affected on Milgram’s works. Milgram’s model was in part based on Adolf Eichman’s trial (court?) documents (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Eichmann). Actually, Milgram wanted to clarify how citizens of Germany were able to participate in destruction a millions of innocent people. At first Milgram planned to fit his method and then went to Germany. He supposed the Germans tend to obey, but after the first experience in New Haven, he found so much obedience, it was clear that it needn’t to go in Germany. The experiment in a consequence was done in Holland, Germany, Spain, Italy, Austria and Jordan. The experiments’ results had the same result as in the US. The Milgram’s theory was used for explanation the My Lai Massacre in Sơn Mỹ Village. The Milgram’s experiments cased the wave of critics. The American Psychological Association admitted Milgram as member a year later his apply. Milgram known likewise others study as the Small World Experiment, the Six Handshakes Theory.