Agree or disagree: Japan should play a more active military role in world affairs

•  
  • 698
  • 1
  • 1
This is a hot issue because Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is insisting to withdraw U.S. troops from Japan. It may be the right time to discuss Japan’s role in military presence. Personally, I do not believe that Japan should play a more active military role in world affairs for two reasons.
First, as Japan invaded neighboring countries during World War 2, those countries still fear that our country might turn into imperialism again. It is not a good policy to increase military power as long as we hope to keep friendly terms with them. We had better not threaten any other nations.
Secondly, I see no point in taking a more active role in military affairs. There are better ways to solve international issues. We should seek for peaceful measures, which is more appropriate for our people.
In conclusion, I do not believe that Japan should play a more active military role in world affairs for the reasons stated above. I do not understand why the American presidential candidate is unhappy about defending our country. We generously support the budget for U.S. military forces. Japan’s location is geopolitically crucial to America so it is profitable for American people.