People look worse than they imagine themselves.

•  
  • 138
  • 0
  • 2

Scientists from the University of New South Wales have discovered people actually look worse than they imagine themselves.

A group of Australian scientists from the University of New South Wales has done research concerning people's self-concept. The specialists have managed to discover that people tend to overestimate themselves at least for 7 percent. This conclusion has been accomplished after the researchers had 130 students sort ten of their photographs in descending order. The first photograph should have been one seemed to its owner the best match for his reflection in the mirror, which he saw every day.
After that, the participants were recorded on a video and were photographed a couple of times. Then other people were requested estimating these materials. The conclusion of the experiment was that people overestimate their appearance for about 7 percent, and they see themselves quite differently than others do.
This experiment also explains why we hear our voice differently on record. It is all because of the echo in our ears.