Besides interpreters, there’s another role which is as important as...

•  
  • 16
  • 0
  • 2
Besides interpreters, there’s another role which is as important as an interpreter and it’s the monitor. This person ensures the accuracy of the translation by operating the red and yellow system. I find this system very useful and the key factor to keep everything under control and a big help with the simultaneous interpretation performed by the interpreters. In this way, this person also had to replace the best interpreters when there was an emotional strain connected to interpreters. This is a topic that has been talked many times in which an interpreter needs to be like a “machine” and try to put their feelings away. I can understand that this trial will bring bad memories to the interpreters because of the tragedy that’s constantly being talking about. For all of these people, it was their first time doing this and putting feelings away must have been hard. It is important to highlight that this became an issue later in the trial when interpreters had to be replaced due to their personalities and effect on their proceedings.