The Age of Global Success.

•  
  • 801
  • 0
  • 0
I'm not sure whether I translate the title of the TV program.
Anyhow, the title of the program is "The Age of Global Success", which has been aired on the KBS
channel in Korea for years.

It's my favorite program. Sometimes I am overcome with emotion while I am watching the program.
I don't know why but, maybe, I get totally impressed to their energetic stories with full of enthusiasm in their life.

The program tells about Korean people who triumph over adversity in their life.
UN secretary general , Mr. Ban Ki-Moon was one of the people in the program.
He was born in poor family in country side in Korea but he was enthusiastic in learning English.
He had walked to factory district everyday, which was far from his house everyday to learn English from engineer from other countries at that time.
He still have a cover of magazine saying that "Why Mr. Ban will fail". Almost all of the media thought
a brand new UN secretary general will fail his policy. He visited the editor of the magazine and said "I will show that you are wrong". He didn't say any further excuses to the presses but he just did what he had to do.

I also enjoyed an episode of a young Korean pianist who went to Paris without parents
when she was only 13 years old to learn piano. She did't know French language at all at that time.
She had to survivor by herself. She is only 27 years but she completed her debut performance in England and her debut album was ranked at the top in the Billboard classic chart.
She was full of energy of life and music.
I was really jealous of her energy.

From time to time, I have met people who achieve their goal of life.
A couple of days ago. I met a professor of the department of English language and English literature.
As a matter of fact, she was not humble but she has unshakable faith on her life and her goal.
She still study every day for a couple of hours to maintain her English.
I was really impressed to her attitude to her faith and life.

I hope I will be one of those kind of people. But I don't know what I am supposed to do for my life.