[4] My 2017 Travel to the US -- Hello Seattle

•  
  • 275
  • 4
  • 3
On the way back to the light rail station, I enjoyed the beautiful campus scenery. It was lunchtime, but in order to save time, I just grabbed two Starbucks sandwiches on the go. I knew there were many places worth visiting at Washington University, such as the Hogwarts-like library and Lake Washington, but since I would leave Seattle in six hours, I thought I might as well save them for the next time and get downtown as quickly as possible.

I got off the rail at the station nearest to Pike Place Market. After walking 10+ minutes across several downtown hills, I reached the market. It was packed and noisy, very different from the urban core, which was much quieter and less populated than I’d expected. The market was interesting and seemed like a bazaar to me. People were hawking souvenirs, handicrafts, home-made snacks and seafood. While selling seafood, several vendors performed an exotic ritual to drum up business. The crowd cheered.

I spotted the first Starbucks store, outside of which there was a long line. I didn’t buy coffee there because I heard it tasted no different from any other shop’s. I only purchased one drinking mug with a sign “The First Store” on it. In a nearby shop, I bought a Space Needle miniature and a refrigerator magnet. The reason why I bought only one item of each kind was that they were all MADE IN CHINA! It would be ridiculous for me to bring them home as presents for my friends. Back in China, “Taobao” (an online marketplace) has them for a dime a dozen. Later when I was in Oregon, I also only bought one of each souvenir. Back home, these items would remind me of these places. They would bring back beautiful memories.

When I finished strolling at the market for about one hour, there were still four hours left. I decided to go to the Space Needle, which was a 20+ minutes’ walk away. When I arrived, the sun suddenly came out. It became sunny! I was ecstatic and snapped selfies with the Space Needle. Since it turned sunny, I decided to go back to the Spike market. The oceanic view there would be fantastic in the sun. It was!! I walked through the market and still had three hours to go, so I just strolled leisurely toward the train station.

[Revised]
[4] 我的2017年美国之旅 -- 你好!西雅图。

在回轻轨的路上,我欣赏着美丽的大学校园景色。到了午餐时间,为了节省时间,我在星巴克买了两个三明治,打包带走。我知道在华盛顿大学有很多值得游览的地方,比如有像《哈利波特》里霍格沃茨魔法学校的图书馆,华盛顿湖。但因为我6个小时后将会离开西雅图,所以我这些经典留着下次再去,尽快赶到市中心去。

我在离派克市场最近的一个轻轨站下车,走路大约10分钟。市中心感觉建在山上,道路高低起伏。市中心比我预想的要安静,人少,翻过几座”小山丘“,到达了派克市场,顿时热闹起来,熙熙攘攘。派克市场很有意思,看起来像一个集市。小贩们叫卖着纪念品、手工品、作坊食品,和海鲜。有几个小贩卖海鲜的时候,为了吸引人群,表演着仪式。表演结束,人群热情鼓掌。

我找到了星巴克第一家店,门外排有长队。不过,我没有在那里买咖啡,因为听说那里的咖啡和其它店没有什么两样。我只买了一个咖啡杯子,上面写有”星巴克第一家店。“在附近一个商店,买了一个太空针模型,一个冰箱贴。这些东西,我每样只买了一个,因为带回去作礼品不太合适。中国的淘宝上,这些东西要有多少有多少。我后来在俄勒冈,纪念品也只每样买一件。回家后,这些东西,将会让我想起在这些地方的旅游经历,一定会是美好的回忆。

在派克市场闲逛了一个小时候,还剩下四个小时,我决定去一趟太空针,大约走路20分钟可以到。当我到了太空针的时候,天空突然放晴。狂喜,和太空针一起疯狂自拍。既然出太阳了,我决定再回到派克市场,欣赏海景,阳光下,肯定美丽至极。还果真是!!再走了一遍市场,还剩下3个小时,于是不紧不慢地去火车站。