The West Coast of The US

•  
  • 477
  • 12
  • 2
Last year, after I went to LA, which is on the West Coast of the US, I decided that I wanted to go to the East Coast next time. I heard that there were vast regional differences between the West Coast and the East Coast, so I wanted to experience both cultures. But now, it seems like I have to go to the West Coast again, because some friends of mine live/ have settled in the West Coast, and I will go visit them.

My cousin, Dan, finished his PhD studies and found a job as a process engineer in Sam Research, Portland. He once decided to go back to China, but sadly, having a doctorate doesn’t ensure a decent job in China. Due to many reasons, these days it hasn’t been a wise choice for young people to do a PhD in China. He told me that Oregon is one of two states without sales tax, making it an ideal place for shopping.

Jojo, my college classmate, now works and lives in Sacramento, CA, near San Francisco. In university, she was one of the most hardworking students. After graduating, she went to work in Guangzhou, a big city in Southern China. She met a lot of American people there who encouraged her to study further in the US. With effort, she made it into an MBA school in Davis, CA. She always said she wanted to go back to China, because she felt a great deal of nostalgia. In the end, she chose to stay in the US, because she found love there.

Shirley, my elementary school classmate, is going to study law at USC in LA this July. We are very good friends and usually hang out during weekends. But when she decided to study law in the US, she spent every weekend in a local library preparing for exams. Now, she has realized her dream, and I am so happy for her. We promised to visit her in LA, where she will show us around the city.

I wish them good luck in the US. I am thinking about renting a car in order to drive from the north to the south along the West Coast, some day.

我去年去过洛杉矶,我想着如果再去美国的话,应该会去美国东部玩玩。美国东西部有着很大的差别,所以我都想体验一下。但现在,在去美国东部之前,我还要再去美国西海岸一次,因为有不少的亲朋好友在那边工作和生活。

我表哥博士毕业后,在波特兰找到了一份工作。他之前打算回国工作,但是博士毕业在中国也找不到一份理想的工作。现如今,读博不是一个明智的选择了。他还告诉我俄勒冈是美国两个免消费税的洲,是一个血拼的好地方。

Jojo,我的一个大学同学,现在在Sacramento工作。大学的时候,她是全班最努力的学生之一。毕业后去了广州,有很多美国朋友鼓励她去美国读书。最终她去了Davis读MBA。在美国读书的时候,经常想家,但毕业后还是留在了美国,因为她找到了爱人。

Shirley, 我一个小学同学,今年7月也要去美国念书了。我们是很好的朋友,周末经常在一起玩。但后来决定去美国读法律后,每个周末都泡在图书馆里准备考试。现在她实现了她的梦想,真心为她高兴。我们答应去洛杉矶找她玩,她也带我们玩转洛杉矶。

祝朋友们在大洋彼岸一切顺利。我在想,我要不要到时候租辆车在美国西海岸从北到南玩一次呢。