Xiaosongpedia - A Famous Online Talk Show

•  
  • 588
  • 10
  • 4
Xiaosongpedia is one of the two most influential online talk shows in China. The host’s name is Gao Xiaosong. Mr. Gao is a songwriter, famous in China, who moved to LA a decade ago. But he’s still very active in the Chinese entertainment scene. A very well-travelled artist, he started making an online talk show on his own four years ago to share his overseas experiences. Although he’s not good looking and has a bad reputation for his private life, his comprehensive knowledge and his descriptive, witty, and humorous language makes the show extremely well-received by netizens. Every episode has millions of views and thousands of comments.

His shows mainly involve other countries’ history and culture. In each episode about a certain country, he sits at the country’s iconic place and delivers his 45-min monologue, like a lecturer addressing a class. For example, in one episode where he was talking about the Jewish history in Israel, he sat at an ancient wall in Jerusalem, with Islamic chanting coming from the distance. Big-name online travel agencies fight to be his sponsor, because the sponsor’s brand will be displayed prominently on the show.

He's alleged that he is neither left-wing nor right-wing, but from his monologues, I can tell that he is leaning to the left. He talks about the US the most, simply because he’s lived in the US for a long period, and is thus familiar with the country. He also likes to talk about European countries, the Middle East, Japan, and Taiwan. But he’s never talked about Canada. A lot of people have asked him why, and expressed hope that he would make several episodes about Canada. He says that Canada's not as distinctive as many other countries, so he doesn't know what to talk about, but he promised to make several episodes about Canada, and then flew to Niagara Falls to prepare for his show.
《晓松奇谈》

中国有两个有影响力的网络脱口秀节目,其中一个就是《晓松奇谈》。该节目的主持人名叫高晓松,是中国著名的音乐制作人,10年前搬到了美国洛杉矶,不过现在仍然活跃于中国的娱乐圈。他游历各国,行遍万里路,4年前开始在网上自制脱口秀节目、尽管他其貌不扬,个人私生活名声也不好,但是他广博的知识,幽默风趣的语言风格,令这部脱口秀大火。

他的脱口秀节目主要是讲述很多国家的历史和文化。每一集讲一个国家,他会坐在该国标志性的地点,脱口讲述45分钟,就好像一个老师在讲课一样。比如,有一集他在以色列讲述犹太历史,他就坐在耶路撒冷一座古城墙下,远处飘来伊斯兰教徒们诵经的声音。几个互联网旅游大头抢着做他的赞助商,因为在每集节目中,赞助商的标识会摆放在在桌上醒目的位置。

他声称自己既不是右派,又不是左派,但通过他的演说,我还是能辨别出他其实是有点偏左的。他讲美国的次数最多,因为他在美国生活了很长的时间,所以对这个国家很熟悉。他也喜欢讲欧洲国家、中东、日本和台湾,但从没有讲过加拿大。很多人问他为什么,也希望他能做几期关于加拿大的节目。他解释说,因为加拿大和很多国家相比,可能没有太多的特色,所以他也不知道讲什么。不过,他还是答应了做几期加拿大的节目,于是飞往尼亚加拉大瀑布去做准备去了。