Airbnb

•  
  • 373
  • 12
  • 4
I’ve been searching for plane tickets online lately because I’m planning to visit Portland and Seattle sometime soon. I haven’t yet used my last year's annual leave. I also still have a free international round-trip plane ticket. Use it or lose it. I’m going to use it to go halfway around the world to the US. :-)

My trip will be short. My friends all said I was crazy when they heard that I was only going to the US for a few days. Haha. They had no idea that going to the US is one of the cheapest and most convenient choices for me for a few days off abroad. Firstly, I don’t have to pay for my flight so the distance doesn’t matter. Secondly, I have a 10-year US visa that is still valid. (However, it would be awkward if Trump declared a new ban on Chinese nationals entering the US while I was on my flight..) If I traveled to some other countries, I would have to pay for a visa. Thirdly, I will be staying in my cousin’s home in Portland so I won’t need to pay any hotel expenses.

I want to travel to Seattle as well, so maybe I’ll book a room on Airbnb from a local… But I’ve never tried it before, because in China it seems weird to rent a room from a stranger. Have you used Airbnb? What’s it like to live in a stranger’s home?

Ugh. I just got the bad news that I had to attend an important meeting next week… My last year’s annual leave will expire at the end of this month…. Damn. There isn’t much time left. I don’t know if I can make it.

[Revised]
我最近在网上搜机票,因为打算最近去波特兰和西雅图玩。我去年的年假没有用,但我还有一张国际免费机票,不用就作废了,所以我打算用它去世界的另一端--美国。

行程会很短。朋友们听说我要去美国,但只有几天假期,纷纷表示我疯了。哈哈。但是,他们不知道,如果出国玩的话,去美国对我而言最方便也最便宜。首先,我不要出机票钱,所以距离无所谓。第二,我的十年美签还有效。(当然如果特朗普在我去美国的途中,突然来个禁止中国人入境,那我就尴尬了。)我去其它一些国家,还要花钱办签证。再次,到了波特兰,我会住在我表哥家里,不用花钱住酒店。

我同时还想去西雅图。所以我有可能会通过Airbnb在当地居民家里租个房。但我从来没试过,因为在中国,住在陌生人家里好奇怪。你们试过Airbnb吗?住在陌生人家里是一种怎样的体验?

不过,郁闷啊。刚得到消息,下个星期要开一个重要的会。过了3月,我去年的年假就作废了。太悲催了。所剩时间不多了。不晓得能不能成行。