Argentina

•  
  • 567
  • 10
  • 6
Many Chinese people take trips overseas during the Chinese New Year holiday. My coworker, Flora, a young and petite lady, is a travel buff. Last October she went on a safari in Kenya. Last month, she jetted off to Argentina, the farthest country from China! The two countries lie on opposite sides of the globe!

I asked her whether she’d felt tired because she’d spent nearly four days on planes, even though her trip was only a week in total. She replied that it wasn’t exhausting at all because upon arrival in Buenos Aires and the Perito Moreno Glacier, she got overwhelmingly excited and found the long haul absolutely worthwhile. I hadn’t heard of this glacier before, so I went to check a map. It turned out that the glacier and the capital city are located in different corners of the country! That is to say, even during her three days in Argentina, she continued to take long flights. What a jet-setter!

Sadly, many young Chinese people don’t have long vacations, so they are always in a rush when taking trips within China, let alone traveling to distant foreign countries. I’ve seen Flora's pictures of Argentina. The country looks mesmerizing and South America has always been on my bucket list, but I’d like to save it for when I’m old and have more free time, because I really don’t want to rush while traveling there.

Therefore, I chose nearby Malaysia as my next travel destination. Next week I'll stay at Semporna, a small costal city, for a few days and try scuba diving. :-)

[Edited]
很多中国人春节的时候会出国旅游。我的同事Flora,一位年轻娇小的女生,非常喜欢旅游。去年10月国庆假期去了肯尼亚看动物大迁徙,上个月去了阿根廷,离中国最远的国家!中国和阿根廷在地球的直径两端!碉堡了!

我问她旅行累不累,因为假期才七天,她路上就要花4天。她说不累,因为一到布宜诺斯艾利斯和莫雷诺冰川,她就觉得不虚此行,再长的飞行都值得。我之前没有听过莫雷诺冰川,于是去查了一下地图,惊讶地发现,布宜诺斯艾利斯和莫雷诺冰川在阿根廷的不同角落!我的天!也就是说,在阿根廷短短的三天里,她还继续坐长途飞机。

很悲催,大多数中国年轻人没有什么长假期,所以在旅游的时候都很赶,更不用说去遥远的国度了。我看了Flora照的阿根廷照片。这个国家确实非常漂亮,而且去南美旅行一直是我的心愿之一,但是我还是等以后老了,有时间再去吧,因为我实在不想在路上太赶。

所以在选下周旅游的目的地时,我选了马来西亚的仙本那。仙本那是一个海滨小城市,我会在那里待几天,尝试一下深潜。很期待!