A Possible Trip to the West Coast of the US

•  
  • 505
  • 10
  • 5
Last weekend, I went home for my grandfather’s 80th birthday party. The whole family got together and had a great time, except for several of my cousins who were working overseas and didn’t have leave to return home. But we FaceTimed with them.

One of my cousins, Danny, who works in Portland, Oregon, urged me to help my grandfather apply for his US visa. Eighty year olds and over don’t need to do interviews, and the chances of them being refused are slim. Danny really wanted to have his grandfather around where he lives and works, but at the same time, he was worried that the rainy season in Portland was coming soon, so it would be inconvenient for them to go outdoors.

My grandfather had intended to take a look at the city for several months where his grandson lives, but now he's hesitating, because my grandmother’s health's deteriorating, so he has to take care of her. Also, it seemed a bit troublesome for an 80-year-old to travel such a long distance. Originally, my uncle was going to go with him to the US, but now my uncle had to take care of my grandmother, so the family's asked me to travel with my grandfather. I hadn’t planned on traveling to the US this year, but if my grandfather made the decision to go to the US, I would accompany him on the trip.

There seem to be no direct flights from China to Portland, so we have to transfer at SF or Seatle. I prefer to visit Seatle, because there will be more chances for me to go to SF in the future. Danny said we could stay at Seatle for a few days, and then he would drive to Seatle to pick us up on a weekend. Wow, it seems that I will possibly travel to the US West Coast again. I hope it will be a nice trip.
上周末,我回家参加了外公的80岁的寿宴。整个家族的人聚集在一起,十分开心。有几个表哥表弟因为在国外工作没有假期,所以没有回来。但我们有视频聊天。

我表哥Danny在美国俄勒冈州的波特兰工作,他催促我帮外公申请美国签证。80岁及以上的老人不需要去美国大使馆面签,被拒签的概率也很小。Danny很想请他爷爷去他工作和生活的地方看一看,但同时也担心波特兰的雨季马上就要来临,出门不太方便。

我外公先前是打算去他孙子生活的地方看看的,但是现在他犹豫了,因为外婆的身体每况愈下,需要照顾。而且,一个80岁的老人长途跋涉去美国也很麻烦。起初,是我舅舅陪他去美国,但是他要照顾我外婆,所以家人们要我陪外公去。我今年并没有计划去美国,但如果我外公最后决定要去,我还是陪他去吧。

从中国到波特兰好像没有直达的飞机,所以我们要在旧金山或者是西雅图转机。但我表哥说,我们可以在西雅图呆几天,然后他周末开车过来接我们。哇,看来今年我又要去一趟美国西海岸了。如果能成行,希望是一次难忘的旅行。