(2/3) Expensive SF

•  
  • 292
  • 15
  • 5
That night, my friend and I walked the streets for nearly two hours. We visited an Apple store, ate Mexican food, and went to a Trader Joe’s to buy foods and water for our road trip. We had so much fun that it was past 10 pm before we realized it. We decided to go back to the Alamo to pick up our car, and then return to our Airbnb house. Alamo’s parking lot was on the fourth floor of a multi-story car park. It was a bit tricky: the parking building wasn’t easy to find, and the elevator entrance was tucked away in a grocery store on the first floor. We spotted our car in the end anyways, but when trying to pull out into the ramp, we found the exit blocked by a huge SUV. It must’ve been Alamo that did this to protect their property.

There were no Alamo staff around so we had no choice but to Uber home. The second day we slept very late and went to a restaurant recommended by the landlady for brunch. Though it was already 10 am, this upscale neighborhood was tranquil. Shops didn’t open yet. There was no one on the streets, only with streetcars chugging past at intervals. The small restaurant was half-packed when we arrived. My friend looked at the menu, confused, asking me which dishes were authentic American brunch. To be frank, I didn’t know either, so I replied that everything on the menu was as American as apple pie. Haha.

I ordered a burger and he asked for a sandwich. That cost each of us around $22, including tips. Of course, it wasn’t cheap, but since we came in knowing SF is expensive, the expenses were in line with expectations. We didn’t dine there every day after all, otherwise it wouldn’t take us long to go broke.

I put my credit card on the tab, waiting to pay. An American man at a table beside ours, with his kid sitting opposite, asked us, “You guys come from China?”
那天晚上我和朋友逛了两个小时的街,去了苹果店,吃了墨西哥菜,还去了超市买食物和矿泉水准备第二天路上吃。由于玩得太开心,不知不觉到了晚上10点。我们准确回到Alamo取车,回到Airbnb的住所。Aloma的车库在一个停车大楼的第四层,建筑物本身就不太好找,电梯口还深藏在位于一楼的超市里。不管怎样,最后我们找到了车,但是准备开出去时,发现出口被一辆大型SUV挡住了。应该是Aloma所为,保护车库里的财产。

Alamo的员工早就下班了,我们只好搭Uber回住处。第二天我们睡了一个懒觉,去了房东推荐的餐馆吃brunch。虽然已经是上午10点,这个高端小区很安静,商店都没有开门,街上也没有人,只有有轨电车偶尔轰隆隆地开过。餐馆不大,我们到时,客人坐满了一半位置。朋友看着菜单,一脸迷茫,问我哪些菜是地道的美国brunch。说实话,我也不知道,于是答曰:“尽管点,反正都是正宗美国货”。

我点了一个汉堡,朋友点了一个三明治。每人大概花了22美元,包括小费。这当然不便宜,但是我们已经做好心理准备,这次消费金额也算是在情理之中,反正我们又不是天天来吃,天天吃的话,用不了多久会破产。哈哈。

我把信用卡放在账单上,准备结账。旁边那桌是一对美国父子,孩子还很小。那个美国人问我,“你们是从中国来的吗?”