Questions about Thanksgiving day

•  
  • 506
  • 3
  • 2
There is a widespread left-wing joke on Internet in China.
Note: Leftists' views are sort of opposite to those in the US. Chinese Leftists maintain a conservative view about social issues (socialist view), while the right wing activists go for revolution and basic principles of democracy, though their views are mostly suppressed by the government.
They introduce the origin of Thanksgiving like this: The Pilgrims arrived at America. Their first winter was devastating. Native Americans took pity on the travelers and taught them survivalist skills in the new world. And Pilgrims thanked them so much that they decided to celebrated it on that day every year.
AND, this is usually followed by the last sarcasitc comment: However, the hard fact is they ended up trying to wipe out the local Americans.

How do you see that problem?

More questions: I know North America celebrates the festival, though American and Canada celebrate it on different days.
Do any other English-speaking countries also celebrate this festival?

这里有一个在中国流传很广的左派笑话。
备注:中国的左派观点和美国的有点相反。中国的左派看待社会问题都比较保守,而右派提倡改革和民主基本原则,尽管他们的观点大多数时候是被政府压制的。

左派们是这么介绍感恩节的。清教徒们达到了美洲这块土地,第一个冬天非常地难熬。印第安人十分同情他们,也教会了他们在这片新土地上的生存技能。清教徒们很感激他们,于是决定每年都要庆祝一天。
但是,这个故事往往要在后面加一句:可惜,他们最终要杀光所有的印第安人。

How do you see that problem?
你是怎么看待这个问题的呢?

更多的问题:我知道北美地区都庆祝感恩节,尽管美国和加拿大的节日日期不一样。
其它英语国家也庆祝这个节日吗?