(2/3) Teachers’ Day and the Most Beautiful Memories

•  
  • 105
  • 9
  • 3
A student came to me after class and said he was planning to transfer to a university in the US because his family was going to move to California. He asked me to help him with his applications. I was more than glad to help and looked up information on many American universities’ official websites and offered him suggestions. He later went to the UIUC, and did academically well there. I also remember a guy who later went on to an Ivy League graduate school to study programming. He now works at Amazon USA. I helped him with his applications as well, so I became sort of familiar with the admissions process of American universities.

When teaching, I tried to be humorous and sometimes spoke like a stand-up comedian. I also tried to be “considerate” -- I didn’t check attendance very often. My students could skip a few classes, as long as they had acceptable reasons. After the final exam, when logging into the computer grading system to enter their scores, I was surprised to see students’ reviews (I hadn’t known that students were required to review their teachers online). The average student’s review of my teaching was above 96 (centesimal system), allowing me to rank top among all the TA's. They also left comments that warmed my heart. I took a screenshot of the page and have kept it to this day. Even today I still feel I was unworthy to teach them because I lacked their talent, but I’m very grateful for their encouragement.

[Edited]
1.2 教师节和那些难忘的回忆

有一个学生下课找到我,说打算转学去美国,因为他们家要移民去加州了。他请求我帮他申请美国的大学。我非常乐意帮助他,在很多美国大学的官网上查了相关的信息,并给了一些建议。后来他去了UIUC,学习成绩还很不错。我还记得有一个小伙子,后来去了某常春藤学校读计算机,现在在美国亚马逊工作。我同样在大学申请过程中帮了忙,所以我对美国的大学录取流程或多或少了解了一些。

在教学的时候,我说起话来尽量幽默,像个相声演员一样。同时,我也很“体贴",上课不怎么点名,学生们只要有理由,可以翘一部分课。期末考试以后,我去教学系统录成绩,很惊讶地看到了学生们给我的评分(我一开始并不是知道他们会打分),教学评分有96分(100分满分),在所有的助教里面排名第一。他们还留了不少言,很让人感动。我截了屏,保留至今。时至今日,我还是认为我不够资格教他们,因为他们比我厉害多了,但同时我也非常感激他们的支持。