Question about A Relative/Attribute Clause

•  
  • 96
  • 2
  • 2
Today while reading a best-selling guidebook for Kaoyan, China’s GRE, I came across a sentence as follows:

"It can be predicted, however, that from time to time questions will arise which will require specific scientific answers."

The sentence is taken from a Kaoyan English exam. The guidebook’s author teaches the readers how to parse it with certain “techniques.” I’ve gone well past using these “techniques” to understand English, and I’m starting to develop my aesthetic appreciation of the language by a various set of criteria: conciseness, diction, prose, etc.

I’m not sure if I’m right, but the above example sentence sounds a bit awkward to me. The reason is that the attribute/relative clause “will require … answers” doesn’t directly follow its subject/antecedent “questions;” the predicate is inserted. I once wrote some sentences like this on Lang-8 but all got rectified. Although the editors didn’t explain, I somehow figured it out: to avoid confusion. If my rule of thumb is right, then I consider the above example sentence poorly written. What would you make of it?
今天在看一本著名的考研英语辅导书时,遇到了这样一个句子:

作者教考生如何用技巧来分析这个英语句子。我早已经过了这个学习阶段,不再用这些所谓的技巧来分析英语了。现在我在构建我的英文鉴赏力,从简洁、用词、文体等方面来判断别人英语水平的好坏。

我不敢百分百确定,但上述那个英语句子听起来怪怪的,原因是定语从句“will require … answers” 和先行词 “questions”并没有紧密连接,被谓语 “will arise”隔开了。 我以前在Lang-8上写过这样的句子,但都被修改过。虽然好友们并没有给出说明,但我基本上也悟出个大概道理来:为了让句子更清晰流畅。如果我的这个经验是正确的,那么,以上这个句子写得并不好。您是怎么认为的呢?