Good Friends Overseas海外存知己(2)

•  
  • 789
  • 5
  • 2
第二天上午我们去游览了天安门和故宫,下午则去了孔子学院的总部大楼。说到故宫,这是我第三次去了,我真觉得没什么好看的,因为以前皇家用的珍宝古董都不对游人开放。我们每次都是从大门快速地走向后门,一路上也就看看建筑物而已,再好的房屋,看多了类似的也会产生审美疲劳。所以,以后有机会想去巴黎卢浮宫看看,那儿有诸如《蒙娜丽莎》等举世无双的艺术品。
On the morning of Day2, we visited Tiananmen and Forbidden City, the headquarter of Confucius Institute afternoon. It was my third visit to Forbidden City and I thought there was nothing special about it as those imperial antiques were not open to tourists. Everytime, we just made a quick visit on the axis from the front gate to the postern and only appreciated some architecture. However graniose they were, the similar buildings were just aesthetically reduntant. Given a chance, I would like to go to the Louvre in Paris, in which unequaled artwork like Mona Lisa are exhibited.

我们第三天上午参观完天坛之后,就回酒店拿行李,准备去机场乘飞机去长沙,也就是这次比赛的主办地。在这三天当中,我已经熟悉了我们组里的每一位选手,也都成为了很好的朋友。去机场的大巴上,身旁坐着Peter,来自英国的一位选手,他的中文相当了得,在英国的预选赛中就取得了头名。他常常说出的一些地道表达,让我惊讶不已。比如,在车上有一位女导演,大热天的还戴着裹着头发的帽子。他就形容道:“这女的,只要风度不要温度。”我吓了一跳,没想到身边的这位英国小伙子居然会流利自然地说出这句话。“只要风度不要温度”一般是用来形容人们在寒冷的冬天里,为了追求时尚,穿得很少。但他显然知道这句话的含义,而且还能引申到别处。
After visit to the Temple of Heaven on Day 3, we went back to the hotel and packed our luggage, ready for boarding and flying to Changsha, where the competition was held. During those/the three days, I’d been familiar with everyone in our group and we’d become very good friends. On the bus to the airport, a British young guy named Peter sat beside me. His Chinese was(is??) amazing and he got the first place in the preliminaries held in Britan. He often gave such native expressions that astonished me so much! For example, there was a female director on the bus. She always had a muffler cocooning her hair and it was hot those days! He described her like this, “这女的,只要风度不要温度.” I would never expect this from the British guy sitting next to me! And he said that in such a fluent and natural way! “只要风度不要温度” is usually used to describe a person who wears little when it is extremly cold, in order to be fasionable. And he apparently knew this expression and was able to extend the meaning.