Tears in Heaven

•  
  • 225
  • 1
  • 2
When I was a student, I loved Eric Clapton. I just loved his music and guitar. I went to see his concert and especially I loved the song “Tears in Heaven”. This song is about his four years old son, who fell from 53rd-floor window and died. I knew the sad background of this song but never thought about it seriously. I was too young to know the meaning. I just loved the beautiful melody. I had played this song by guitar and sung it so many times because I just loved it.
More than ten years have passed. I have got a job, married, and had a little son. I have been very busy and no time to enjoy music like when I was a student. One day, I finished working and was on the way to go back home. I was driving and listening to the car radio. I heard “Tears in Heaven” from the radio. Yes, it was my favorite song. Somehow I started to listen to the words carefully. I stopped my car, pulled over to the side of the road, and began to cry. What a sad song. Since I have my son now, I truly understand how much father loves his child. And I can’t imagine I lose my son. He is my everything. If I were Eric Clapton, I don’t think I could get over it and moved on. I have no idea how he got over it and decided to write this song. It must be tough. He must be helplessly sad and have spent real hard time. So much thought and emotion was going on in my mind, so I had to wait for a while to calm down and to be able to drive safe again. It took over the decade to understand the meaning the title of the song, “Tears in Heaven”.