“Should high schools allow students to choose subjects?”

•  
  • 612
  • 0
  • 2

In Japan, where I live, many students can choose various subjects at high school, in other words, some people cannot take various subjects at school. However, I personally believe that students should choose various subjects at high school.

First of all, if some students could choose various subjects at school, they would be able to strength their own interested subjects. To give an example, when I was a 12th grader student in Tokyo Japan. In my high school’s curriculum is that senior students can choose various subjects in there. While I was looking syllabus, I just found Korean class. Korean grammar is similar to Japanese. Thus, I decided to take the class. While I was attending in the class, I was able to improve my Korean skills and I could learn about Korean cultures in the class. Therefore, when I went in Seoul, Korea, I can speak Korean a little bit, so I could make new Korean friends. As the example above illustrates that if I could not choose Korean class in my high school, I would not be able to improve my Korean skills and make a new Korean network. Furthermore, I could find my own interested subjects from the Korean class.

In addition, if some students could choose various subjects at school, they would be able to raise GPA in their school. For example, when I was a junior high school student in Tokyo, Japan. I could choose a few subjects in there. Specifically, my favorite subject is P.E, thus I tried to take a lot of P.E class. While I was attending in the class, I chose to play basketball and tennis, because I was on both sports club, so I was able to be good at play two sports. Consequently, I could get excellent grade all P.E class, so I could raise GPA than before semester. This experience clearly shows that if I could not choose P.E class, I would not raise my GPA.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that high schools should allow students to choose various subjects in their school.