English

•  
  • 86
  • 1
  • 3
I really like studying English. We Japanese started studying English in junior high school. Recent kids should study from primary school, and I think that is better for English learning. We needed it for the university exam.
We learned writing and reading in English. I loved learning English because my English teacher made me to listen to the Beatles music, Carpenter's and Billy Joel's and it was fun. We learned the lyrics by heart. Another reason was English teacher in the cram school praised me when I got a good grade. I was so happy and I wanted to get a good grade again.

When I was a university student, I visited the U.S. for home staying and sightseeing. I was really surprised to find it was totally different from what I had imagined. The girl, who I sheared a room with, was from Switzerland.
She was cute, sexy, and attractive. Her English was not perfect, but much better than me. She and I were in the English class of the same level. I was so embarrassed being in the same class, just because I could read and write in English without speaking and understanding.

Now I am taking English class via skype. I think English teachers usually don't like to correct our English mistakes. They might think it is rude or they don't want to interrupt the conversations. I don't know why.

Now I like studying English because it's difficult. I am never perfect. Every sentence I write I make mistakes. I am very happy to see them corrected, because I feel I am making a progress. I know there is long way to go. I don't catch everything in American TV drama. I am sometimes overwhelmed. But I think I can continue studying English in this daily web, because it's amazing.

Thank you for correcting my mistakes, it helps me a lot.