Fair trade trail

•  
  • 172
  • 1
  • 1
May 11, 2010 19:28 Fair trade
The other day, May 8th, I went to yhe fair trade day festival in Marunouchi and it was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had.

Honestly, I had not been interested in "green","Eco" and " volunteering" stuff because I thought it would never be profitable for myself and it would be end up as mere gratification of the ego.

However, at the same time, these words sound fashionable and seem tohave their own colors. So I went to the earth day event in Tokyo by wayif experiment and I found myself that I like these kind of movements. Healthy and tastey foods, non-wasteful products, and organic products and cloths were very fascinating to me.

And also I was attracted to fair trade products so hard because most of tem are great quality. Ofcouse, I love cheap fashion, fast fashion like forever21, H&M and so on. Buy it was good oppotunity to think about quality and price.

So let's talk about the conscious about fair trade.
According to the research of People Tree, in England, there are about 5.5 million young people, and 92% of them think it's important to learn about their food. It's pretty high figure. In japan, we don't care about ingredients that much. All we care are prices and tastes. The cheaper of it, the better. On the other hand, british young people care about quality and how products made and who made.

Sometimes, I stare at some clothes and wonder who
made. Maybe these were made by children who cannot be in school. Well... I won't be able to buy anything of I would keep thinking about it. Butit is the big deal problem all the time.