Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing tra...

•  
  • 6612
  • 0
  • 1
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

Nowadays, the price of petrol has a big impact for our lives. Many drivers are worrying about a sudden rise of petrol prices and at the same time, a discharge of carbon dioxide has a bad influence to environments. Increasing the price of petrol has both benefits and negative points.

Firstly, by increasing the petrol price, a lot of people and companies would not like to drive cars, air planes and ships. Therefore, the number of cars would decrease and traffic jam would be solved. In addition to this, we could reduce the quantity of carbon dioxide and stop the global warming. In big cities, the number of people who suffer from polluted smog from cars would decrease.

However, there is a disadvantage when we increase the petrol price. Many people concern about the high price of the petrol because they have to pay much money. Some people in rural areas have to have a car for their lives. Petrol is used for many purposes, for instance, fuels plastics and cloths. Therefore, increasing the price of oils would make people not to buy things and lead the recession in the country.

Apart from increasing the price, there are other ways to solve traffic and pollution problems. One of the solutions is that companies invent new technology instead of oils. They need to make a system not to discharge carbon dioxide such as electronic cars. Furthermore, governments should recommend people to use public transportations such as bus and trains. Air pollution would improve because the amount of carbon dioxide discharged by local transportations is much smaller than that of cars. We can also solve the traffic jams.

To sum up, increasing the price of petrol is one of the good solutions for traffic and pollution problems. At the same time, however, many people would consider it as a bad policy because of high price. We should think about other ways to solve these problems for the countries’ economy.