The beginning of Seneca Falls Convention differs from the beginning...

•  
  • 210
  • 1
  • 1
The beginning of Seneca Falls Convention differs from the beginning of Declaration of the Rights of Women. Elizabeth Cady Stanton opens her declaration with lines right from the Declaration of Independence, which would have been taken as a slap in the face for the male dominating society of the time. Her voice is self-confident and concentrated. She knows what she wants and what her main aim is. Stanton declares: “all women and men are created equal”. This statement is undeniable for her. She gives strong arguments: “all women are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness”.
The first paragraph of French declaration makes different impression on a reader. It may seem that Olympe De Gouges is angry and aggressive. Feelings and emotions overwhelm her. She can’t wait to tell everything what on her mind is. The reader can understand that from her first words: “Man, are you capable of being just?”, “Tell me, what gives you sovereign empire to oppress my sex? Your strength? Your talents?”. These statements sound like a challenge to society ( or provocation? I don’t know how to say . Or She throws down the glove? Бросить вызов обществу)