The best way to improve a second language

•  
  • 703
  • 1
  • 1
Sep 27, 2012 08:48 English essay language TOEFL luck life challeng

What comes to mind when you are asked about the best way of boosting the speed of learning your second language? Each people has each own way to study. However, in my experience, it is to speak it as often as possible that is the most effective learning method.

Well, you might think it is too simple and nothing special. My answer is “Yes, it is, but it works more than you think.” Despite of the fact that many people consider it as the best way of improving their language skills, it is a lot less number of leaners that is not taking it seriously. I think this is because there is many awkward moments when committing themselves to do so.

Over 3 weeks, I didn’t speak Japanese at all, but English. I have started my only-English-rule in order to prepare myself for an speaking exam. Since then, I’ve been speaking English all the time, even when the Japanese talk to me in Japanese, I response to it in English. It made their and me feel uncomfortable, rather they seen me like a strange guy. it was, however, only for the beginning. Once I got used to it, there were no obstacles.

The outcomes came to me all of sudden. My english teacher praised me for a quick progress in my English. It was really rewarding. I regret not having started it much earlier, or should I count myself luck realizing the best method of learning?